The Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is a single-seat twin turbofan engine, straight wing jet aircraft developed by Fairchild-Republic for the United States Air Force (USAF). It is commonly referred to by the nickname's 'Warthog' or 'Hog', and although the A-10's official name comes from the Republic P-47Thunderbolt, a World War II fighter-bomber effective at attacking ground targets.
The A-10 was designed for close air support (CAS) of friendly ground troops, attacking armored vehicles and tanks, and providing quick-action support against enemy ground forces. It entered service in 1976 and is the only production-built aircraft that has served in the USAF that was designed solely for CAS.
The Scale Jet With High Performance
Thenew XFly A-10 Thunderbolt II is a scale replica of this iconic U.S. Air Force aircraft in a smaller size for more RC pilots to enjoy in more places. Twin high-power 12-blade 50mm EDF's, twin 40A ESC's and a singlr 4S 2200mAh-2600mAh battery all combine to deliver top speed and produce an abundance of thrust compared to other models in its class, while also delivering a wide range in flight times.
With strong landing gear and steerable nose wheel, the A-10 Thunderbolt can taxi, take-off and land on paved runway, packed dirt or grass surfaces. You can choose to leave the landing gear off for hand launches to get more speed and better vertical performance.
This model is conveniently sized for flying at large parks, sports fields, or traditional RC flying fields and so it can be stored and transported without disassembly.
If you are looking for a classic and smaller sized EDF jet, do not miss the XFly A-10 Thunderbolt II twin 50mm EDF jet!
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force for Close-Air
- Support and other missions.
- Gray camouflage trim scheme with shark teeth nose art.
- Twin powerful 4S-compatible outrunner motors with 12-blade 50mm fan deliver excellent top speed and vertical performance.
- Fits 4S 2200mAh-2600mAh batteries for a wide range in performance & flight times.
- Fast and precise factory-installed digital servos with ball-link equipped linkages for accurate movements.
- Strong removable landing gears with steerable nose wheel.
- Magnetic top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure.
- Convenient one-piece reinforced composite wing for easy installation and removal.
- Lightweight, strong durable EPO construction.
- Wingspan 1000mm.
- Length 920mm.
- Servos 9g x4pc.
- Requires TX/RX/Batt/Charger to complete.