The Truman Senate War Investigating Committee called the North American Aviation P-51 Mustang "the most aerodynamically perfect pursuit plane in existence." During WWII, it blasted trains, ships, and enemy installations throughout Western Europe. The "D" variant, outfitted with the legendary Merlin engine, gave the U.S. Army Air Forces a high-altitude, long-range fighter capable of escorting heavy bomber formations the entire way to Berlin and back. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.5m also goes the distance - to reproduce the famous fighter with exceptional detail, handling, performance and presence. It's packed with Extra Scale details and functional features including LED lights, sequenced main and tailwheel gear doors, flaps and much more, and is also equipped with a Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC to deliver an unmatched warbird flying experience.
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale P-51D Mustang model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. and other allied forces during World War II
- Extra Scale details including removable drop tanks, moulded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, sequenced main gear and tailwheel doors, flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 4-blade prop
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000+mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, capacity used and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Nine factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread pattern tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable tailwheel plus main gear with scale shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes center section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place securely without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Large top hatch with moulded in stop for added security of the quick-release battery tray
- Factory-applied "Lou IV" painted trim scheme offers excellent visibility
- Durable EPO airframe with carbon fibre and wood reinforcement
The P-51D Mustang 1.5m is the largest, most detailed and best performing replica of the legendary fighter from E-flite® yet! Along with an accurate outline, it also features an abundance of Extra Scale details including moulded in panel lines and hatches, guns and removable drop tanks, plus a striking factory-applied "Lou IV" finish. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, sequenced main and tailwheel gear doors, flaps and more. The shock-absorbing struts feature ball-bearing equipped wheels with diamond tread tires for added scale appearance and make it possible to fly from a variety of surfaces including grass, and reliable electric retracts operate the main gear and tailwheel. And at the heart of it all is a factory-installed brushless motor that's compatible with 6S LiPo power-simply drop in a 6S 3200-7000mAh battery to achieve level flight speeds in excess of 80+ MPH and unlimited vertical performance! Both versions include a 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is also equipped with an AR637TA receiver that offers full-range telemetry including real-time battery voltage, current, temperature and more to compatible transmitters, plus the advantages of exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies to make this one of the easiest to fly Mustangs ever. The unique 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels simply snap into place securely without requiring fasteners. It's also quick and easy to assemble because the factory-finished EPO airframe bolts together-no glue required-in less time than it takes to charge a battery. And it all adds up to deliver a warbird flying experience unlike any other with the mightiest Mustang yet!
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 3200-7000+mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
What's in the Box?
- (1) E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m with:
- (1) 100A Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Motor (installed)
- (9) Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization-3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.