The Flite Test LongEZ is a great "bank and yank" semi scale DIY electric airplane kit. Simplicity was the theme of this design and our hopes are that it can be built and flying in no time! One motor, an ESC, and two servos are all you need to get the Long EZ in the air. Powered with the power pack A it can run off of a 2s battery for more beginner friendly characteristics, or use a 3s to make it a ballistic speed plane! The original Long EZ is an icon of experimental aviation and this model is no different.
Power Pack Compatibility: Power Pack A
Flite Test Airplanes are all designed around the use of various "Power Packs" which include an inexpensive Motor, ESC, Servo, & accessory package to complete each aircraft! The compatible power pack is listed below.
- Weight: 5.5 Oz (Fully assembled; without battery)
- Wingspan: 19 Inches (483mm)
- Control Surface Throws: 12 Degrees
- Expo Suggestions: 30%
- Laser-cut Foam Airframe
- Push Rods
- Control Horns
- Specification Sheet
Needed to Complete:
- (1) Brushless Motor: 1806 Size, 2300kV Minimum
- (1+) Propellers: 5x3 - 6x4.5
- (1) ESC: 12A Amp (minimum)
- (1+) Battery: 2S-3S 7.4V- 11.1V LiPo 650-850mAh
- (2) Servos: ~5 Gram Micro Servos
- (1) 2.4GHZ Radio System (Radio & Receiver)
- Misc. Building Supplies.