A large, 1:5.5 scale version of the famous long-range Japanese fighter for 50 – 60cc petrol engines
Having entered service in 1940 with the Imperial Japanese Navy the A6M quickly accumulated an outstanding kill ratio of 12 to 1. It was a honeymoon period that was set to last until mid 1942 when a combination of new tactics and the introduction of better aircraft and equipment enabled Allied pilots to engage the Zero on equal terms. As fighter development accelerated the Zero began to fall behind and, by 1944, with Allied aircraft approaching its level of manoeuvrability and consistently exceeding its firepower, armour and speed the A6M had largely become outdated. Initially, then, a formidable aeroplane, yet one that’s rarely modelled. Well, Seagull has seen to that with the introduction of this rather imposing 86” span version for 50 to 60cc petrol engines. If you like a warbird (who doesn’t?), and you like something that’ll catch the eye, then you really (really) should take a close look at this matt finish (Oracover), electric retract and flap-equipped delight.<br><br>Supplied with a full hardware pack, a plethora of scale parts and details, plus wheels, tank, an electric flight conversion kit and a dummy radial, this is a model for true connoisseurs of the ARTF faith. Did we mention the quality of the build, the fit, finish and the beautifully moulded and sprayed cowl? ...Exemplary.
- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Authentic A6M colour scheme.
- Beautifully covered in genuine matt finish Oracover film.
- Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- Cockpit detailing with lightweight painted pilot.
- Plug-in wing panels simplify transportation and field assembly.
- Flap equipped.
- Crystal clear canopy moulding.
- LED navigation lights.
What's in the box
- 1x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered 2-piece wing set.
- 1x Electric retractable undercarriage set.
- 1x Factory assembled and covered tailplane.
- 1x Pre-painted pilot figure.
- 1x Factory painted glass fibre cowl moulding.
- 1x Factory painted dummy engine moulding.
- 1x Drop tank moulding.
- 1x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tanks etc.).
- 2x heavy-duty wheels.
- 1x LED navigation light set and wiring.
- 1x Tubular main spar.
- 1x Electric flight conversion pack.
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
Needed to complete
- 1x 7-channel (minimum) Tx and Rx combo.
- 1x 50 – 60cc i.c. engine (or electric equivalent).
- 8x Suitable high-torque servos of between 10kg.cm (aileron and
- throttle) to 15kg.cm (elevator / flap / rudder)
- Length (mm)
- Length (in)
- Wingspan (in)
- Wingspan (mm)
- Weight (g)
- Weight (oz)
- Wing Area (sq. dm)
- Wing Area (sq. in)