Smooth operation — lasting value
Finding an engine with enough power for your model is easy. Finding an engine that offers you more than the DLE-40 Twin? That's next to impossible.
DLE offers the ease and efficiency of electronic ignition, the smooth operation and long life of an opposed twin and the incredible bang-for-the-buck that all DLE engines offer. Features that are extras on other engines are standard equipment on DLE engines. They run from high-dollar items such as electronic ignition and muffler(s) down to conveniences like mounts, spark plugs and connectors.
Performance, plus – that's what you can expect from all DLE Engines.
- Light, efficient design for a high power-to-weight ratio
- Lightweight piston for fast acceleration, excellent compression and low vibration
- CNC-machined parts for high performance and long life
- Sealed crankshaft bearings
- Optimized pumper carb
- Updated mufflers for sound reduction, excellent aeration and power
- Phenolic insert to insulate carb from crankcase heat
- Composite backplate mount
- Opposing cylinders help dampen vibration that can prematurely "age" engines and airframes and reduce engine life.
- Stock Number: DLEG0040
- Displacement: 40.0 cc (2.45 cu in)
- Bore (x 2): 1.26 in (32 mm)
- Stroke (x 2): 0.98 in (25 mm)
- Total Weight: 3.3 lb (1.5 kg)
- RPM Range: 1500-8500
- Output: 4.8 hp @ 8500 rpm
- Includes: electronic ignition module, 2 each of mufflers and spark plugs,
- standoffs, spiral wire wrap, connector safety clips & manual
- Requires: ignition battery & propeller
- Suggested Propellers: 19x8, 19x10, 20x8 & 20x10
- Ignition Battery: 4.8-8.4 NiCd or NiMH, 6.6V LiFe or 2S LiPo pack
- Gas/Oil Mix: 30:1
- Replacement Spark Plug: DLEG4026
- Static Thrust: 20.9 lb (9.5 kg) @ 328 feet altitude, 18.7 lb (8.5 kg) @ 1,800 feet altitude
- Weight Breakdown: Engine: 2.58lb (1170 g), Muffler (x2): 3.6 oz (102 g),
- Ignition Module: 5.3 oz (149 g), Standoffs: 0.7 oz (19 g), Misc: 2 oz (56 g)